I recently was invited in an inaugural sailing on the Oasis of the Seas, which is the largest cruise ship in the world! It can hold 5, 400 guests! Oasis of the Seas is 225, 000 gross tons and 1, 187 feet long. Here are some fun facts about the ship:
- The AquaTheatre pool is 17.9 feet deep, the largest pool at sea
- The Cenral Park Neighborhood is the first ever living park at sea with 12, 175 plants, 62 vine plants, 56 trees and bamboo
- 110, 231 lbs of ice cubes made every day
- 4, 700, 000 lbs of fresh water consumption per 24 hours
- 181 grand blocks were used to construct it. Each block weighing 1, 200, 000 lbs
Here are some pictures I took and a video to help you paint a picture of this massive ship!