Thursday, October 1, 2009

I Need My Beauty Sleep!

Everyone who knows me is aware of my love for sleep. I try and get my nine hours per night and I will frequently throw in a nap during the day. I am sharing this information with you because many people are not aware of the importance on sleep. It is every bit as important as food. According to NewsPick “Humans can actually survive longer without food than without sleep”.

On average, a person can survive on water alone for 1-2 months (without food). When it comes to sleep it only takes a few restless nights for an individual to experience intense personality and psychological changes. Randy Gardner holds the record for going the longest time without sleep. He lasted a total of 264 hours and at the end of the experiment scientist claimed if he went any longer it would have been quite dangerous.

So goodnight, sleep tight, and don’t let the bedbugs bite…

Image source

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I didn't realize how essential 8 hours of sleep is a night. I know that I feel way better in the morning if I get that much sleep, but never stopped to consider that maybe the reason why I get moody or act "off" has to do with my sleeping patterns. This is a very good fact to know. I can't believe a person actually stayed awake for 264 hours. That is intense. It reminds me of "Fight Club" and how lack of sleep led Tyler to hallucinate and create a second personality. I am definitely going to work on getting my 8 hours every night! My blog is similar to yours in the sense that I also blog about random facts, mostly things that have tugged at my curiosity. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory